TargetShooting Canada

Re: MG2

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Taylor (206.116.65.27) on November 21, 2006 at 02:44:11:

In Reply to: MG2 posted by Doug on November 20, 2006 at 22:19:16:

Yes, when using Eley Pistol Xtra. The EPX has that bullet with the flat nose with the little tit sticking up in the middle (sometimes referred to as the EPS bullet - but I believe EPS actually refers to the priming system). Anyway, this round, the Pistol Xtra, is significantly shorter than most other .22 LR rounds (Eley Target Pistol, Lapua Standard Club, T22, CCI SV, to name a few), so because the first round is shorter than average, the second round slides onto the carrier a bit and prevents it from rotating.
Not every MG2 suffers this. I recall Mark Briggs writing that his MG2 fed Eley Pistol Xtra without a problem. There was a production change that involved a new carrier. Perhaps that new carrier solves the problem. My MG2 has serial number 117x), I think Mark's is a newer gun. In what range is your serial number?
Mike T.

: Has anybody had a problem with the second round in the clip jamming the carrier, which won't let it lift the round already in the carrier get to the chamber?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive