TargetShooting Canada

Re: AP sighter series question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Levene (82.44.189.44) on November 16, 2006 at 03:36:00:

In Reply to: Re: AP sighter series question posted by Patrick on November 15, 2006 at 20:25:21:

: I have a question. I recall some discussion that said all targets must be identical. This was an explanation for having competitors write their name and competitor number on the back of paper targets (for regional/provincial matches) as opposed to writing them on the front. Similarly, it could be used to stop a competitor from firing on the reverse of a target during sighters. Is this a real rule? Is it inferred from the intent of another rule? I can't find such, nor can I find a general statement about targets being visually identical.

I haven't come across this one Patrick. In fact I don't think it is possible as that would stop the use of consecutively numbered targets.

I personally don't like the idea of competitors' names being written anywhere on the target. Nobody needs that information. All that is required is the firing point and target number, plus the relay number if there is more than one. Even these details are not needed if consecutively numbered targets are used and properly recorded.

I am not suggesting that the scorers would show any form of favouritism if they know who the competitor is, but they should be protected from any such allegations.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive