TargetShooting Canada

Re: AP sighter series question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard H. (74.114.129.25) on November 15, 2006 at 14:41:00:

In Reply to: AP sighter series question posted by F. Paul in Denver on November 15, 2006 at 10:07:36:

I've done this at the Grand Prix and there was no issue. You are still using the targets that were provided, it still has the mark on it so you can't turn it in as a record target. A lot of people read lots of things into rules and laws (i'm sure you know that being a lawyer). Could they say something maybe, The only time I could see it being an issue is at high level events ie World Cups where it is a non-issue as they shoot on electronic targets. I would continue doing it until told otherwise by an actaul offical at an actual event and not someones internet interpretation

: An interesting issue regarding the rules governing AP sighter series just popped up that I would to get a Canadian perspective on.

: Is it illegal during AP sighter series to turn the provided sighter series target around exposing the blank side and then use this to fire sighters??

: It has been said that the rule requires a competitor to use only the sighter series target issued. So far so good. However, one opinion also suggests that this same rule INFERS that the shooter is also required to use the scoring rings and bull on the target.

: Does anyone use sighter shots on a blank target to warm up before an AP match??

: Has anyone ever received a ruling or input from a judge or coach on this practice??

: Thanks gang

: F. Paul

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive