TargetShooting Canada

Re: thanks tommyg Re: Anyone else?, please recommend springer/gas springer for small game hunting,

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tommyg (209.240.113.133) on October 11, 2006 at 21:51:56:

In Reply to: thanks tommyg Re: Anyone else?, please recommend springer/gas springer for small game hunting, posted by wrestler on October 11, 2006 at 09:39:38:

The combo rifle/ shotgun( aka the drilling) is still just one firearm with two barrels(three sometimes... trilling) on one frame. there is no problem with that. But you mentioned carrying two separte rifles, which is not allowed. you may have to decide what your quary will be.... chicken or beef .. of course a 20ga/.22 cobo with a slug in the shotgun barrel, and a bb cap in the .22 barrel would be a compromise. you'd always have the .308 for the days you were more serious about baggin a bull.

good luck and have fun

tg

: I'll check into the regs more closely, it seemed somewhat commonly done and since you can buy combo guns such as .3006/12gage 410/22 combos I didn't think it was an issue. I thought the main issue in this regards was not to use a small caliber on big game such as a .22 rimfire or other inappropriate rim/centre fire varment rifle. I can't imagine a MNR rep feeling that I would actually give big game lead poisoning with a pellet gun when I have a .308 with me to harvest it. Just don't want to keep comming back to camp empty handed when having partridge available to stew up. but, I won't shoot them with a high powered rifle like some hunters do; it's too dangerous and scares away the main quary.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive