TargetShooting Canada

Re: Novice rapid fire 22 target pistol

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by me again (207.81.245.210) on August 21, 2006 at 16:49:51:

In Reply to: Novice rapid fire 22 target pistol posted by J. William in Saskatoon on August 21, 2006 at 13:02:21:

Forgot to talk about sights.
For ISSF pistol events, the sights must be "open" - typically a rectangular post front sight and a rectangular notch rear sight (although variations are sometimes seen).
I wear progressive lenses. They are really unsuitable for pistol shooting, especially rapid fire shooting. The narrow band in which the front sight is visible usually puts your head in an awkward position. Then in rapid fire it is very difficult to pick up the front sights in time for the next shot. Far better to get a special, single-focus lens (with its focus set to give you a sharp image of your front sight). The lens for your other eye can be a progressive or a reading prescription (so you can see to adjust your sights) and then you have your "shooting glasses" (with safety lenses of course) - this is what I wear for shooting.
Mike T.

: What would be a good starter target pistol for a beginner? I also wear progressive lense glasses, is there any sights that would be best to shoot with this physical limitation. I would like to keep the price under $500.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive