TargetShooting Canada

Re: How to determine whether you should shoot left or right

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lawrence (206.47.197.166) on August 21, 2006 at 09:50:54:

In Reply to: Re: How to determine whether you should shoot left or right posted by Rob Stubbs on August 21, 2006 at 02:54:22:

I think my eyes are on par. 20/10 sharp vision equally and I don't wear glasses. I tried the finger test and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

: Given the shoulder problems and all else being equal then I'd opt for being a lefty. You might want to work out though which is your master eye as that will play it's part as well. It's easier to shoot left eye left hand etc but you can shoot left eye and right hand, it's just more awkward.

: Rob.

: : I'm ambidextrous with left and right arm dominance in different sports. At one time, I tried shooting right-handed for a while with a FWB C2. I guess I was alright. I write left-handed though and am thinking of buying a gun to get back into the sport. My only challenge is that I have an unstable right shoulder due to an accident a few years ago (3rd degree AC joint separation). Suggestions please for whether I should buy left-handed or right-handed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive