Training and Shooting
Technical - Rifle
We all have to start somewhere and this is the place. We'll look at a few of the components that are used to place a shot on a target. Initially, you'll need to put alot of energy into thinking about how to perform each task. As time passes and you work hard, you'll move from the conscious act to sub-conscious delivery. That's when you'll really start to shine as a shooter.
The general aspects of rifle include:
Rifle Position Specifics:
- Position: Requirements of a position and how to build it, so you can point your rifle naturally at the target.
- Sling: How to use and adjust the sling.
- Your Body: Muscle tension, head position and eye relief.
- Prone Position: Explanation of the prone position for Free, Standard and Sporting Rifle.
- Kneeling Position: Explanation of the kneeling position for Free, Standard and Sporting Rifle.
- Standing Position: Explanation of the standing position for Free, Air, Standard and Sporting Rifle.
TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes